Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] and youth lives

btpmsi btpmsi@yahoo.com
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 20:19:23 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu]On Behalf Of Justin H
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 2:13 AM
To: Powderworks
Subject: [Powderworks] and youth lives

Well, there are a few of you out there that did mention youth, and, I
believe got backstage too. yeh, dont worry about the thanks, sheesh!

>>Thanks, but my "Where's Youth" sign didn't get me backstage either, nor
was that my expectation. I'm not even sure I understood that "Youth " was
some kind of verbal "get backstage free card", but more of a signal to the
band that "Workers" were there supporting them. Peter did react to my
sign(S) at a couple of points.  ("Howard = Coward" for one)

Anyway, the band enjoyed their trip and have a positive outlook on next year
going back OS. It was funny hearing stories that had already been
mailed on the list, like, Bridg's thank you note, dont feed the bass player,
the hotel accomodation - who was that, Bones asked if you drank the mini bar

>>> Well, perhaps a part of it, not the whole thing, by any stretch! ;OD

Bones actually leaned over stage front and yelled something to me (that was
unintelligible) after I flashed "Do Not feed the Bass Player" to him at the
beginning of Redneck. Rob kept looking over towards me while he was up front
playing the small kit. The one I showed him said:
"Krusty Fries $2.50"
Martin's read: "Sing, Martin, Sing!" just as he stepped up to the mike
during the "DO-do-do-do-do's" in TDH.

I'm thinking now that since the guys ended up autographing those signs for a
friend of mine after the Portland show, that they didn't find them too

All-in-fun,

Brian Perkins
West Linn, OR