Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Selfish stage thoughts

KATHY GEDLER avesrun@msn.com
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 20:31:00 -0800

------=_NextPart_001_0003_01C29B0A.E477CD30

Thanks to all the posts helping me to move out of the selfish thought sta=
ge.  I just caught the news today(12/3) on this great list.  But I'm stil=
l somewhat thinking selfishly...

I am a marathon runner(did 5 this year).  Oil music on my portable mp3 ha=
s gotten me through many long training runs.  New Oil music will be misse=
d.  =20

Over a decade ago,I read an article in Nat. Geographic on Australia which=
 included a short blip on the Oils and immediately purchased D&D as the a=
rticle mentioned their huge popularity in Australia.  My wife and I freak=
ed on the music and purchased their entire collection shortly thereafter =
and all subsequent releases on their day of release. =20
I have an Environmental Science degrees and oil lyrics grabbed me first.

I want to thank every person on this planet that has been responsible for=
 the music that is played on radio air waves that have chosen to play Oil=
 music throughout the band's entire career to help spread their meaning/m=
essages.  You have helped to bring great music and great meaning to many =
lives.

I want to say F    -      You to every irresponsible radio play decision =
makers who have overlooked the Oils in the U.S. for the past 25 years. =20

I am a prayerful person and am saying prayers of thanks for Midnight Oil.=
  For their past and for their future contribution, impact on this planet=
.

Midnight Oil have called for action from each and every person who listen=
s to their words.
Whatever music may come in the future, I pray that it has a message.  =20

(Last selfish thought)Because for me a band  can have an awesome sound bu=
t if the lyrics mean shit I'll boycott.
When I see concrete I think Oils.  When I see litter I think Oils.  When =
I think of keeping my country clean I think Oils.  To keep Midnight Oil a=
live is to live our lives akin to nature and other persons.

I must not be selfish when thinking about Midnight Oil but rather dwell o=
n how unselfish and giving of themselves they have been and will continue=
 to be to the planet and its peoples with their music and their actions.

Thanks.

Tim G.

------=_NextPart_001_0003_01C29B0A.E477CD30

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>Thanks to all =
the posts helping me to move out of the selfish thought stage.&nbsp; I ju=
st caught the news today(12/3) on this great list.&nbsp; But I'm still so=
mewhat thinking selfishly...</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I am a marathon=
 runner(did 5 this year).&nbsp; Oil music on my portable mp3 has gotten m=
e through many long training runs.&nbsp; New Oil music will be missed.&nb=
sp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Over a decade ago,I read an article in =
Nat. Geographic on Australia which included a short blip on the Oils and =
immediately purchased D&amp;D as the article mentioned their huge popular=
ity in Australia.&nbsp; My wife and I freaked on the music and purchased =
their entire collection shortly thereafter and all subsequent releases on=
 their day of release. </DIV> <DIV>I have an Environmental Science degree=
s and oil lyrics grabbed me first.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I want to=
 thank every person on this planet that has been responsible for the musi=
c that is played on radio air waves that have chosen to play Oil music th=
roughout the band's entire career to&nbsp;help spread their meaning/messa=
ges.&nbsp; You have helped to bring great music and great meaning to many=
 lives.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I want to say F<U>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
&nbsp;-&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Y</U>ou to every irresponsible=
 radio play decision makers who have overlooked the Oils in the U.S. for =
the past 25 years.&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I am a prayerful pe=
rson and am saying prayers of thanks for Midnight Oil.&nbsp; For their pa=
st and for their future contribution, impact&nbsp;on this planet.</DIV> <=
DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Midnight Oil have called for action from each and e=
very&nbsp;person who listens to their words.</DIV> <DIV>Whatever music ma=
y&nbsp;come in the future, I pray that it has a message.&nbsp; </DIV> <DI=
V>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>(Last selfish thought)Because for me a band &nbsp;can=
 have an awesome sound but if the lyrics mean shit I'll boycott.</DIV> <D=
IV>When I see concrete I think Oils.&nbsp; When I see litter I think Oils=
.&nbsp; When I think of keeping my country clean I think Oils.&nbsp; To k=
eep Midnight Oil alive is to live our lives akin to nature and other pers=
ons.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I must not be selfish when thinking abo=
ut Midnight Oil but rather dwell on how unselfish and giving of themselve=
s they have been and will continue to be to the planet and its peoples wi=
th their music and their actions.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Thanks.</D=
IV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Tim G.</DIV> <DIV><BR><BR>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY><=
/HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0003_01C29B0A.E477CD30--