Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Best Oils album for introduction

LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:28:05 +1100

To add to that, Gunbarrel was not on the original Aus. vinyl LP, but i remember the first time i
heard it on a juke box at my local i liked it and was spewing because it wasn't on the album.
I later got it on the CD though : - )

IAN LLOYD - National Sales Admin. Team Leader
CANON - Business Imaging Solutions Group
Level 2, 1 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde 2113
PH: (02) 9805 2384
FAX: 1800 352227
E-MAIL: lloyd_ian@canon.com.au

                    Jeff McLean
                    <jeffmof@replicant.apan        To:     Powderworks - Midnight Oil list
                    a.org.au>                      <powderworks@cs.colorado.edu>
                    Sent by:                       cc:
                    powderworks-admin@cs.co        Subject:     [Powderworks] Best Oils album for
                    lorado.edu                     introduction

                    16/01/2002 07:58

g'day andy,

you wrote :
But is it just me, or does Gunbarrel Highway seem like an afterthought?
I've only heard it a couple of times, and to me, it doesn't quite fit
with
the character of the other songs on the album.  But what do I know?  :)

<splutter ...booo...hooo...>
poor gunbarrel!  that's a GREAT song.  we were talking about fave bits
of songs before.  well, that key shift (or whatever happens in the
middle of the song when they sing something like "nothing can be longer
than a corrigated roooooooaaaaddddd..." is awesome.  unfortunately, my
GH is scratched to buggery so on the rare occasions when i hear it all
the way through, i revell in it...

cheers,
joffa