Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NTSC to PAL conversion

Jeff and Jane Scott jscott@iinet.net.au
Tue, 01 Oct 2002 17:48:45 +0800

At 30-09-02 01:24 PM -0700, Miron Mizrahi wrote:
>Hi,
>
>generally I have not seen any issues with VCDs due to NTSC/PAL
>playback capabilities.

I probably started this with a post of mine a few months back.  Since then
I have found out that my DVD will indeed play both formats.  If you can
only get black and white playback, you need to look for a setting which
specifies "playback in PAL mode" (or NTSC, depending on where you are!) and
it will come out fine.

Anyone who is even thinking about having a go at these wonderful VCD weeds
really needs to check out http://www.vcdhelp.com - everything you want to
know is there, and if it isn't they have a panel of experts standing by to
answer your question!

jeff...