Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Eel's return/2 cents worth

Eel Bonjack scissormansnip@yahoo.com
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 05:42:07 -0700 (PDT)

hey hey, I just got back from a summer island job. It
was fun to be away from everything off the new england
coast and have free room and board and a job that was
just plain fun, but such a pipe dream it could only be
temporary. I'm ready to deal with real life again. I
hope you've all had fun on this list while I was away.
looks like you got another fun survey here.....
eliminating the obvious Midnight Oil answers in some
of these......

> Favorite Album:
Mr. Bungle: California, Primus: Pork Soda, Dog Faced
Hermans: Those Deep Buds, Man or Astro Man?: Spectrum
of Infinite Scale. very abridged list.

> Favorite Song:
> "Human Spark"-Dog Faced Hermans, "Golem II: the
bionic vapour boy"-Mr. Bungle, "The Creature/Third
Chair"-Daniel Johnston.

> Favorite album by a female artist:
> Laurie Anderson-"Ugly one with the Jewels"
>
> Favorite song by a female artist:
> Kathy McCarty:the crooked place.
>
> Favorite Performance by a solo artist:
> "Hi How are you/Continued Story"-Daniel Johnston
low-fi brilliance!

> Favorite rock song:
> uhh...... too damn many.
>
> Favorite rap/hip-hop song:
> "she watches channel zero"-public enemy
>
> Favorite country song:
> "Piss up a rope" by Ween
>
> Favorite metal/industrial/elektronika song:
> I don't have an ear for most of that stuff. don't
hate it, it just doesn't grab me.

> Favorite "not-so serious" artist:
> James Kochalka Superstar
>
> Best music to celebrate to:
> uhh...... don't know offhand
>
> Best music after a crappy, crappy day:
> "                 "
>
> Best music to mellow out to:
> Woodie Guthrie
>
> Most emotional music:
> thats a tough one..... its all emotional to me.
>
> Best song/album from the 60s or before:
> Pink Floyd- Piper at the Gates of Dawn
>
> 70s:
David Bowie-Rise and fall of Ziggy Stardust

> 80s:
> The Clash- Sandinista!
>
> 90s and 00s:
> Tom Waits-Bone Machine
>
> Best Soundtrack:
> "Ghost World", "Twin Peaks" (the show AND the film)
>
> Your current "guilty pleasure:"
> Muppet songs.
>
> Name one more song you like that you haven't
> mentioned yet:
> Tyro-"Grey Clouds".

=====
while most people have a conscious and a subconscious,
I operate on the level of subconscious and sub-subconscious.
-Harpo Marx