Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] letter to Rolling Stone magazine about the Oils

Beth Curran bcurran@columbus.rr.com
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 17:53:26 -0500

Um, Rick....if you are, I was too.  And prolly still am, since I've been
assuming the only reason there hasn't been a big story in OzRS is
because they were waiting for the guys to emerge for interviews.  Let's
see what happens at that point.  I have given up on the US RS, though.
Guess they're too busy interviewing more interesting (i.e. sluttier)
people *bada bum*

But then if Oz RS has gone downhill the way the US RS has, maybe we
should look elsewhere.  Question for Oz Workers - what publication is
most likely to score the coveted first interview?  Who's got the Oily
viewpoint?

I just wish SOMEBODY would say SOMETHING and get us out of this
perpetual waiting for the other shoe to drop!!!!!!!

Not noted for patience, I remain, yours in all things Oily, Beth

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu] On Behalf Of rick
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 10:42 AM
To: Heidi Shenk; letters@rollingstone.com
Cc: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: Re: [Powderworks] letter to Rolling Stone magazine about the
Oils

           Well said.

     I was thinking Australian Rolling Stone might do a 10 page spread
with
a journalist think piece of the impact of the oils on OZ music,snippets
of
old articles,reprinting the reviews of their albums and comments from
some
other Australian bands on what sort of influence the Oils were on them.

          I'M NOT JOKING!!That's really what i thought.

      I'm not sure if i'm naive,igorant,dumb or all 3.

                           Rick