Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC: Funeral of fair Australia

Kate Parker Adams kate at dnki.net
Thu Oct 14 16:22:29 MDT 2004

I do listen to Radio Pacifica's "Free Speech Radio", but with a grain of
salt.  I find the title of the program to be rather ironic all the same,
given the kind of union-busting lock-out their high commander pulled a
couple years ago.  It's a sorry shame that the "ultra left" has such strong
fascist tendencies and the same sort of "that's okay because WE are the
TRUTH" justifications for it that ultra-neo-conservatives do.  I have seen
far too many groups disintegrate entirely, or their membership winnowed to
"loyal" automatons because of this sort of thing.  It is why I will NEVER
work for one of the PIRGs.  The ends never justify the means.